To apply for listed positions, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Families Ministry Director
Foreside Community Church is seeking a Youth and Families Ministry Director, beginning September 2022. Please submit applications by August 22, 2022.
The Youth and Families Ministry (YFM) Director works collegially with the church’s pastor, staff, and the Christian Education (CE) Ministry to create and nurture a community of learning among children, teenagers, and their families. We strive for all participants to:
- know that they are lovingly created in the image of God
- discover their own unique journey through questions of faith and spiritual practices
- and grow in understanding of their own gifts as part of Jesus’s call to love, service, and justice in the world.
- Plan and lead elementary age Sunday School each Sunday morning (September – mid-June) using selected curriculum
- Plan and lead Middle School – High School Youth Group twice a month, in collaboration with the pastor
- Aid in planning and leading YFM learning events, service activities, and worship services appropriate for children and their families
- Support pastor in leading Confirmation classes every two years for students in grade 8+
- Work with Christian Education and pastor to develop new programs and adapt or select curriculum as needed to meet our mission and the needs of young people and their parents
- Support our ministries in a time of regathering after the disruptions of COVID-19
- Communicate regularly with families and youth around church programming, learning opportunities, and ways to engage with FCC
- Welcome and invite new families into the church and its ministry
- Offer a caring presence to young people and parents in times of need, referring appropriately to the pastor when necessary
- Help recruit, supervise, and celebrate staff and volunteers in leading YFM
- Work with CE Ministry to develop, implement, and oversee best practices and policies for the mutual safety and care of all participants, including Safe-Church (Abuse Prevention) policy, and public health policies
- Collaborate regularly and creatively with ministry partners (virtually, when appropriate):
- Weekly conversation with pastor
- Bi-weekly staff meeting
- Monthly Christian Education meeting
- Other duties as agreed upon with the CE Ministry
- Comfort leading open and developmentally appropriate conversations with compassion across differences and diversity
- Comfortable with students in classroom setting, curriculum, and classroom management
- Ability to use social media platforms and other communication tools to reach and engage families
- Familiarity with basic tenets and traditions of Christian faith. (United Church of Christ or other “Mainline Protestant” traditions is considered a plus.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Position is a mandated reporter under Maine state law
- Must pass state and federal background check
Time Commitment: approximately 15hrs/week, 40 weeks/year (September through June 15), with additional Paid Time Off provided.
Foreside Community Church (FCC) is an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. We believe God’s gifts of creativity and leadership are meant to be shared in beloved community. We strive to welcome and celebrate all in the ministry of the church: people of every race, ethnicity, economic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or various ability.